måndag 23 juli 2007

The Devil in me


Here I am
Will I be named
The leader of evil for all time?
Look at all these people, trying to see
If it's there, the Devil in me...

Early in my life I learned
That there is a chain
When people made me suffer
I could pass on the pain
What a relief, what a power to have
Not to hurt alone

In my life I found something
Being good would always lack
When I gave my love away
It never would come back
What a relief, what a power to have
Not to give at all

Every spark of light in me, has finally been replaced
Now down here I feel like one, with the demons that have chased me
One by one the doors would close, the last one closed today
It was the only way

Every little choice I made
Has finally brought me here
There's no reason for regrets
There's nothing left to fear
What a relief, what a power to have
Not to care at all
What a relief, what a power to have
Not to fear to fall

1 kommentar:

Anna sa...

TURN BACK TIME

I wonder if she can see
That nothing has changed in me
It's hard to pretend to be
Her enemy

Life would be so easy
Things would be so different
We would stand here together
If we could turn back time

Hm.. Känns som att "The devil in me" är lite bättre. I alla fall passade den bättre in i sammanhanget.. Jag måste skylla på en viss person som tänkte metaforiskt, vad var det för trams med ett fågelbo och en gunga. Jag har i alla fall kvar en fin illustration i min bok.

I vilket fall som helst äger båda sångerna, särskillt den med en fullständig melodi!